Creating Space For Wholeness
13 Sessions To Reflect On The Journey Home To Who We Are Meant To Be
Facilitated By Karen Hilfman Author of The Mended Mirror
Session #13 of 13
A Time Of Reflection
- As you read the quote and story below and consider a step in The Connection Strategy, notice what you notice as you read. Does a word, phrase or concept tug at your attention?
- Does a quote or insight emerge for you in this time of reflecting as together we listen for and commit to choosing pathways that lead to life and love and light rather than death and hatred, that lead us home to who we are meant to be?
- What insights rise up from your experience as we hold space to focus on and empower a vision of wholeness and well-being? What are the lessons we need to be learning? What are the shifts we are embracing or need to embrace?
- What wisdom and creativity is emerging for you? What stories and situations fill you with hope? Are there quotes or stories or experiences that you would add to deepen these reflections?
Connection Strategy For Self And Community: From Disconnected To Connected
13 Steps to Connect to the Power of Transformation, Meaning, Purpose and the Authenticity Within Each of Us to Enhance Our Life Together in Community
Step # 13 Live your call: trust your intuition and gut response. Disconnect from living the life you think you “should” live and start living the life your passion calls you to live.
13 Life Lessons That Have Emerged
In My Relationship With My Mom
- Deal with issues when they arise.
- Follow the flow of energy. If you meet resistance, be like a river and keep searching for a place that allows you to move with ease so that you are flowing with the energy of life rather than fighting the underlying currents.
- Choose to see differently by shifting your focus.
- Listen for, and to, inner wisdom and intuition.
- Pause so that as many people as possible know where we are trying to go.
- Trust that there is goodness trying to emerge.
- Reconnect to your core essence and the Divine.
- See the light within yourself and others even if you have to look beneath the rubble.
- Allow curiosity to lead you rather than judgment or expectations.
- Listen for the wisdom and voices of all perspectives.
- Stop ‘shoulding’ on yourself or on others.
- Let gratitude and beauty fill you.
- Focus on what you want to grow.
These life lessons weave in and out of the stories of the fractured reality of life with Mom; they are insights for which I am deeply grateful. They are strands of a story that weave together a tapestry of wholeness even in the midst of brokenness.
Page 193 The Mended Mirror by Karen Hilfman Millson
After months of being a midwife to the development and emergence of this story, I end with words Mom loved. It is a commissioning I use all the time to send us out into a broken world to be ones who are reflections of the way of love, because that, my Beloved Ones, is the point of life.
“And now let us go forth into the world
with a daring and tender love.
The world is waiting.
Let us go in peace.
And in all that we do,
may we do it nourished by the power of love
that is deep within every one of us.
As we journey
may we see the face of Love in everyone we meet
and may everyone we meet see the face of Love in us.”
May this be so as we connect to our authentic power and awaken the gifts amongst us of creativity, resilience, wholeness and wisdom!
Page 421 The Mended Mirror by Karen Hilfman Millson
Sharing Your Reflections
To add your thoughts to this conversation post them on the Course page under each session of Creating Space for Wholeness on www.AuthenticConnectionCulture.com or www.TheMendedMirror.com or on Facebook. Or simply be intentional about holding prayerful space knowing we connect heart to heart across the miles and time, and that together we are empowering and strengthening the things to which we give our attention.