Creating Space For Wholeness
13 Sessions To Reflect On The Journey Home To Who We Are Meant To Be
Facilitated By Karen Hilfman Author of The Mended Mirror
Session #5 of 13
A Time Of Reflection
- As you read the quote and story below and consider a step in The Connection Strategy, notice what you notice as you read. Does a word, phrase or concept tug at your attention?
- Does a quote or insight emerge for you in this time of reflecting as together we listen for and commit to choosing pathways that lead to life and love and light rather than death and hatred, that lead us home to who we are meant to be?
- What insights rise up from your experience as we hold space to focus on and empower a vision of wholeness and well-being? What are the lessons we need to be learning? What are the shifts we are embracing or need to embrace?
- What wisdom and creativity is emerging for you? What stories and situations fill you with hope? Are there quotes or stories or experiences that you would add to deepen these reflections?
Connection Strategy For Self And Community: From Disconnected To Connected
13 Steps to Connect to the Power of Transformation, Meaning, Purpose and the Authenticity Within Each of Us to Enhance Our Life Together in Community
Step #5 Expand compassion, curiosity and laughter. Disconnect from our small-ego self, which focuses on defending territory, a sense of entitlement and personal desires as the highest goal.
Authentic Connection Culture
emerges from an intentional way of being
which includes the following practices:
- listen deeply;
- connect to Wisdom within us and amongst us;
- honour our own and each other’s gifts;
- share laughter and tears, joys and struggles comfortably;
- create a safe space where we can be brave and speak
from our heart, mind, experience and soul;
- commit to action for ongoing transformation
as we respond to our life purpose and call;
- encourage, support and be accountable to one another
as we seek to live a vision of wholeness;
- honour creativity and discover clarity emerging in our midst;
- deal honestly and kindly with issues before they fester;
- follow the flow of energy to align ourselves with pathways
that honour who we are and how the Spirit calls us to be.
This shift in culture away from
being consumers and individualistic emerges
as we connect to our core wisdom and creativity
at the centre of our authentic self
which compels us to develop healthy life-giving community.
Page 262 The Mended Mirror by Karen Hilfman Millson
The mystical story about Lemuria connects to my childhood ponderings about living in peace. I know deep within me it is possible. Being here with these healers and visionaries from all over the world deepens my connection to the reawakening of the ancient dream of wholeness, which activates the song of my soul.
Something happens in me on this mountainous island in the sea. I awaken to something I do not fully understand. As we journey to places of ancient healing and insight, I experience myself being cracked open. It is a cracking open that I have prepared for in moments of my life: on the gnarled branch of the old apple tree at the farm, on the rock out in Georgian Bay where I sit and listen for hours as a child, in the image from the meadow of golden light that wraps around my life.
Here on this island I connect to a profound silence within me. The silence carries energy like the ancient and alternative wisdom that Spirit invited me to explore when I considered completing a Doctorate of Ministry. Instead I was called to the community on two lakes.
Now, on this island of ancient people, when I speak in this community of spiritual companions, I hear myself speaking from a place of profound silence within me that is filled with insights that words struggle to express. It is a voice filled with a resonance that is different from my everyday voice. And yet it is my voice, a voice that has waited and prepared for the time when it will be heard in the midst of everyday life. It is a voice that emerges as I tap into levels of myself that I have not known. It echoes with the invitation to be aware that there is a higher consciousness that connects us and calls us to a time of transformation and awakening on a personal and communal level.
Page 345 The Mended Mirror by Karen Hilfman Millson
Sharing Your Reflections
To add your thoughts to this conversation post them on the Course page under each session of Creating Space for Wholeness on www.AuthenticConnectionCulture.com or www.TheMendedMirror.com or on Facebook. Or simply be intentional about holding prayerful space knowing we connect heart to heart across the miles and time, and that together we are empowering and strengthening the things to which we give our attention.